Project title: The Bakery Website
Date: August 2014
The main goal I had in mind for creating this website was to keep my web development skills fresh. This website would be ideal for any bakery or similar wishing to create an online presence with little fuss.
I built this website on my own initiative to keep my web design skills up to scratch. A theme which came to mind was a bakery themed website so I chose to go with that. A quick brainstorming session presented some ideas for page content and site structure before I came up with some more concrete designs for the site.
I knew I wanted to create all design assets myself so I started coming up with sketches for the logo and other icons to use on the site. I was particularly drawn to a light, pastel color scheme so I carried this through.
- Good old pen and paper to jot down requirements, design wireframes, design logos etc.
- Sublime Text and the Bootstrap design framework.
- Adobe Illustrator – To design the logo and other design assets required.
- Chrome developer tools etc – To test the website out on different screen sizes to ensure responsiveness
- Fully responsive website
- Fully integrated contact form
- Custom made logo and design assets all created by Mishacreatrix
- Image slider